Super juicy and tasty spelt cherry cake, I have prepared the cake as a birthday cake for my boyfriend, all guests were enthusiastic. How can a cake that tastes so juicy be made without eggs? That’s no problem, you don’t need eggs to bake a delicious cake! What makes this cake so fluffy is the baking powder and the apple vinegar. Both ingredients make sure that the cake rises beautifully during baking. The cake is very fast prepared, you just have to stir all ingredients together.
As liquid for the cake I used my homemade cashew milk. It’s really ingenious, and is great for baking.
Are you crazy about cakes too? Then you have to try the apple cinnamon cake or the currant crumble cake.
You can also find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & You Tube.
I wish you a lot of fun baking the cake.
- 300 g light spelt flour
- 350 g Cherrys
- 130 g sugar (in my case coconut blossom sugar)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pack (8 g) vanilla sugar
- 250 g vegetable milk
- 125 g liquid coconut oil or margarine
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 50 g chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees above and below.
- Stone the plums and cut them in half.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
- Add the liquid ingredients and mix to a smooth dough.
- Carefully fold in the cherries with a scraper.
- Brush a round baking pan (26 cm diameter in my case) with some coconut oil.
- Pour the dough into the tin and smooth it out.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down after baking and spread it with the chocolate icing, I garnished it with a few pecan nuts.