I try to produce less plastic waste, and if you can save money with it, so much the better. This liquid detergent is the first recipe in my plastic-free household/cosmetics range. The ingredients for the detergent are very cheap and it is quickly produced.
If you are interested in this topic and would like to see more plastic-free tips and recipes then please leave me a comment or a liking. I’m trying to live more sustainably, and producing less plastic waste is a real step in the right direction. Have fun trying it out 🙂
Recipe for 2 bottles:
- 30 g curd soap
- 4 tbsp washing soda
- 20 drops essential oil (in my case lavender)
- Canister of old detergent or glass bottle
- a grater
- Pot (large pot, because foam forms when boiling up)
- hand blender
- Finely plane the curd soap with the kitchen grater.
- Put 2 litres of water with the grated curd soap and the washing soda into a pot and whisk.
- Bring to the boil while stirring, then allow to cool for 1 hour.
- After the hour, bring to the boil again briefly, now let it solidify overnight.
- The next day puree the solid mass with a blender and add the essential oil.
- Fill up the finished detergent.