This dish is so incredibly delicious 😀 As a vegan you really don’t have to do without anything! Feel like meatballs ? No problem with this recipe.
I found this recipe on Instagram, at Ela Vegan. She has many vegan recipes that all look super delicious! I changed the recipe a bit and cooked it. This food tastes so delicious, everyone was enthusiastic. The vegan meatballs are super crispy and spicy. You can serve it with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
If you want to see more recipes, have a look at the Bruschetta or the Swabian Potato Salad Recipe. Both recipes are quickly prepared and super tasty 🙂
I wish you a lot of fun cooking!
Ingredients Vegan meatballs:
- One 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp ground chia seeds or flax seeds
- Spice mix: 1/2 tbsp onion powder, 1/2 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tsp ground oregano, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cashewbutter & 60 ml Oat Milk
- 3 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- Ground spice mix: 1 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 tsp coconut sugar, sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cornstarch (to thicken)
- Fresh parsley to garnish
Preheat oven to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Prepare your favorite pasta or rice (whatever you want to serve with your vegan meatballs).
Put all ingredients (except oil) to a food processor or blender and pulse a couple of times. Scrape down the sides and pulse again. Repeat for about one minute or until the mixture sticks together.
Roll the mixture with your hands into balls. I used 1 tbsp per ball (the recipe makes 15 balls).
Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan/skillet and fry balls for about 6-8 minutes over medium heat. Shake the pan from time to time to fry the balls evenly from all sides.
Transfer the balls to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
To make the gravy, simply add the tomato paste to a pan (use the same pan which you used for the vegan meatballs), pour in the Cashewbutter and Oat milk and stir with a whisk to smooth out the tomato paste. Then slowly add the vegetable broth while stirring.
Bring the sauce to a boil, add all other ingredients (except cornstarch and fresh parsley) and let simmer over medium heat for about 10-12 minutes.
In a small bowl mix cornstarch with 1 tbsp water and add it to the pan. The gravy will get a little bit thicker. Keep simmering for a further 2-3 minutes.
Pour the gravy over the vegan meatballs and serve with pasta or rice!