Super delicious ginger walnut cookies. The cookies are quickly prepared and perfect for the cold season. With their sandy consistency, the cookies are super suitable for the afternoon cafe.
It gets cooler and the leaves fall from the trees, autumn is here. In the cold season I like to bake many different cookies. The good thing about cookies is that they last long if they are well packed and you always have a snack at home. I hope you like the recipe, I also made a video about it, you can find it on my You Tube channel. You want more recipes like this? then leave me a comment or a like on my blog, facebook or instagram 🙂
Ingredients for 1 baking tray:
- 140 g margarine vegan
- 80 g date sweetness
- 200 g wheat flour
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 75 g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 75 g ginger candied, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 75 g dark chocolate coating, melt according to package instructions
- 75 g walnuts or pecans
- For the dough we put all the ingredients in a bowl and knead them by hand or a food processor to a dough.
- Now roll the dough into a 5cm diameter roll in a cling film.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough roll for at least 1-2 hours.
- Remove the firm cookie dough from the foil and cut into small pieces with a knife.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 160° C for 10-15 minutes.
- After baking, allow to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath and then spread over the biscuits with a small spoon.
- Place one walnut half each on the biscuits. Let the biscuits set and enjoy.