Before I started my education I hated Stollen 😀 , but during my education as a Pastry I learned how to prepare good Stollen. At this time I love to eating Stollen, I couldn’t eat it every day, because it is very sweet, but once a year at Christmas time I enjoy the sweet specialty.
I don’t eat sultanas and candied orange peel/candied lemon peel, therefore I used dried apricots and dates instead. You can use dried fruit of your choice. The Stollen tastes really delicious, the best thing is to prepare it a few weeks before Christmas. Then it can go through beautifully. More Christmas Recipes ? Then try the ginger walnut cookies , the recipe is super tasty 😃
Have a lot of fun trying it out!
Your Lea! 😘
- 500 g Flour
- 7 g dry yeast
- 150 g Sugar (in my Case brown Sugar)
- 200 g Margarine
- 100 ml warm Soy milk
- 5 g Stollen Spice (in my case Ostmann)
- 50 g ground Almonds
- 100 sliced dates (or raisins)
- 10 Pieces dried Apricots (slieced)
- 100 g Marzipan
- 50 g Margarine
- icing sugar
- In a small pot I heat the margarine until it is liquid and then let it cool down.
- Now I weigh the flour together with the sugar, yeast, soy milk, ground almonds and Christstollen spice into a large bowl.
- With a mixer or even better with the hand, I kneaded the dough until all ingredients have combined. (Don’t be surprised the dough is relatively firm) I form a ball, put the dough in the bowl and cover it with a clean tea towel. Leave to rest for 2 hours.
- In the meantime I cut the dates and apricots into small pieces.
- After the dough has rest, we add the dried fruits and knead both together.
Roll the marzipan to a long roll.
- Roll out the Stollen dough into a rectangle. Place the marzipan roll in the lower part of the rectangle. Now roll up the dough upwards.
- Close the ends with your fingers and place the stollen on a baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C circulating air for approx. 45 minutes.
- Immediately after baking, brush the Stollen with 50 g melted margarine and then sprinkle with icing sugar.
You can keep the Stollen airtight for several weeks.