I love these little delicacies, especially during the pre-Christmas season 😍 This Cookies are quickly prepared and hold a long time when you dont eat them before.
I remember my mother used to have to hide the cookies all the time otherwise they would have been gone until Christmas 😃 For me, baking cookies in winter is just one of them. 🎄 I love to create new vegan cookies or convert grandma’s old recipes. This recipe was inspired by the newspaper Schrot & Korn. I converted the recipe into a vegan version, which was really not difficult. I also made a YouTube video, you can find it on my You Tube channel. I’m happy if you drop by and leave me a thumb up.
I wish you a lot of fun baking after! 🙂
- 240 g margarine, room temperature
- 250 g Flour
- 100 g ground Almonds
- 60 g brown Sugar
- Vanilla Bean
- 2 Pinch of Salt
- Natural food colours (pink pitaya powder and blue spirulina powder in my case) but you can also use turmeric or beetroot powder
- Flour for the work surface
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Brown sugar
- Place all the ingredients for the dough in a bowl and knead into a dough by hand or using a food processor.
- Put the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, take out the dough and divide into 2 halves. Colour each half as desired.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees circulating air.
- Form small Kipferl from the dough, they should taper a little at the end.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes until they have a nice golden brown colour.
- Spread some sugar with icing sugar on two bowls and mix with two colours as desired.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool briefly so that it does not break. Then roll in the sugar mixture.