Delicious winter dessert. Classic apple strudel recipe, perfect for the Christmas season.
Now when it’s getting colder outside, I love warm desserts. This apple strudel is a traditional german recipe and for me it simply belongs to 😃 I have changed it into a vegan variant, which was really not difficult. The strudel stays in the fridge for several days. You can warm it up before serving and it tastes like fresh from the oven.
Have fun trying it out,
Your Lea 😘
Ingredients for 2 Strudel:
- 250 g Flour
- 2 g Salt
- 1 x Vegan Egg
- 125 ml warm Water
- 20 ml Oil
- 1000 g Apple
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 50 g Almond pieces
- 100 g Date sweetnes
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 200 g Coconut Yogurt
- 400g Oatmilk
- 30g Sugar (in my Case Maple syrup)
- 15g Corn Starch
- 1 Msp turmeric
- 60 g Margarine
- For the dough, put all the ingredients except the water in a food processor. Add only enough water to make a smooth dough that does not stick.
- Knead for about 3-4 minutes, then divide into 2 parts and form into balls.
- Brush the balls with liquid margarine and cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, peel the apples and cut them into small slices. Mix with the remaining ingredients and leave to stand covered.
- Roll out the dough on a clean and floured kitchen towel. It is best to use your hands and pull the dough thinly.
- Now spread the coconut yoghurt on the dough.
- Now spread half of the apple filling on the middle of the dough, pile it up there oblong and press it firmly with your hands.
- Fold in the sides of the dough and roll up the strudel using the kitchen towel. Close the ends with your fingers.
- Place the strudel with the open side downwards on a permanent baking foil on a baking tray.
- Coat the strudel completely with margarine. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees hot air for about 30-35 minutes.
- Bring the vanilla sauce to the boil until it thickens slightly and serve with the apple strudel.