Delicious, Healthy & Vegan Twix. A sweet snack that is quickly prepared. I used super delicious dates from Dattelbär for the recipe.
I love making sugar-free and natural recipes. My favorite alternative to refined sugar is dates. They are also cheap to buy online, I have mine from Dattelbär. What is Dattelbär ?? 🙂 A small company in Germany that sells Dates without ADDITIVES, FREE OF PESTIZIDES and WITHOUT SUGGAR ADDITIVES. For more information check out the shop, recipe blog & nutrition chart.
Now in winter time, I always need something sweet in the house. And to be able to eat the sweets without a guilty conscience, I try to turn them into a healthy variety. Since dates have a light caramel note, they are perfect for my recipe. This recipe was developed in cooperation with Dattelbär.
I wish you a lot of fun trying it out,
Your Lea ❤️
Ingredients for 13 pieces:
Ingredients shortcrust :
- 100 flour
- 50 g ground Almonds
- 50 g Sugar (in my Case Date sugar)
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1/3 Tsp Baking Powder
- 100 g cold Margarine
Ingredients caramel layer:
- 200 g dark chocolate
- Knead the ingredients for the shortcrust pastry into a smooth dough using a food processor or by hand. Press flat and chill for several hours.
- After resting, roll out the dough (not too thin) and cut into long pieces with a knife (big index finger).
- Place on a baking tray with baking foil and bake in a preheated oven at 220°C top and bottom heat for 7-10 minutes. Then allow to cool.
- For the caramel, stone the dates and mix with the salt, cinnamon and a dash of water to a fine cream.
Spread the caramel cream over the biscuits with a small spoon.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie and spread over the Twix with a spoon. Now let it set in the fridge
- The finished Twix are kept at room temperature packed in a tin for several days.