You are still looking for a suitable Christmas menu ? Then you’ve come to the right place 😏 Delicious lentil red cabbage roast with oven potatoes and red wine sauce.
Lentils red cabbage roast in puff pastry coat
I found this mega horny recipe on YouTube, on the Peta Channel. I just wanted a Christmas recipe that was cheap, not too elaborate and just tasty 😃 and before we cook for the family, we wanted to test the recipe first. And I must say, it is really super delicious. Very hearty and Christmassy. Together we need about 1 hour for cooking. So if you are still looking for a vegan recipe for Christmas, try it out at 😙 I bet with you, your guests will not notice that the dish is vegan. I wish you a lot of fun cooking and a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones. ❤️
Your Lea 😘
- 2 rolls puff pastry
- Approx. 1/2 Glass red cabbage (Vegan)
- 400 g red lentils cooked in broth
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 100 g chopped hazelnuts
- Approx. 8 grated carrots
- 2 tbsp mustard
- pepper, salt, 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 1 heaped tbsp locust bean gum
- Mix all ingredients except the red cabbage and season to taste. The mixture should be easy to shape and not too firm or too dry.
- Roll out both rolls of puff pastry into a baking tray and lay them together.
- Now spread out the mixture on the dough so that there is enough edge to close.
- Then spread the red cabbage in the middle and roll it up carefully. Close the edges carefully with a fork.
- Brush the roast with some olive oil and bake in a preheated oven at 160°C circulating air for approx. 35-40 minutes.
- Then increase the heat to 220 °C and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
Ingredients red wine sauce:
- 1 small piece of celery (diced small)
- 2 Carrots diced
- 2 bay leaves
- Approx. 100 g margarine
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pck. boiled chestnuts
- 1 small leek stick
- 1 onion small diced
- 2 tbsp Worchester sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- pepper, salt, 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 go. TL Rosemary
- 300ml red wine
- 1 cup oat cream
- Boiling Water
- Heat margarine and oil in a pan and sauté onion, leek, rosemary, celery and carrots. Add Tomato paste, rosemary and paprika powder.
- Then add the soy sauce and Worchester sauce. Add the wine several times and reduce.
- If a sufficient base is available, add the oat cream and some vegetable stock and season again if necessary. When the desired flavour has been achieved, add the chestnuts and heat in the sauce for about 5 minutes.
Ingredients baked potatoes:
- 1 ½ kg potatoes
- 8 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- approx. 50g vegan butter (Alsan)
- salt, rosemary
- Peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Pour the remaining ingredients over the potatoes and mix together. Now bake the potatoes on a baking tray at 160°C circulating air for approx. 45 min in the oven.