Super tasty butter cream cake, is perfect for covering with fondant. I made the cake for a birthday. Everyone was thrilled and nobody noticed that the cake is vegan. 🍰
As a trained confectioner I love to create beautiful and delicious cakes. This cake is my first vegan cake, that was a challenge to find a good recipe. I am very demanding when it comes to my profession and recipes for cakes. But this recipe has been very successful for me 😃 The recipe was inspired by the blog of Zucker & Jagdwurst. Now I have finally found a good recipe for a vegan biscuit base.
I hope you enjoy baking after,
Your Lea ❤️
Ingredients for a cake with 18 cm diameter:
- 150 ml Soymilk
- 3 Tbs Vanilla Sugar
- 2 Tbs Cornstarch
- 150 g vegan Margarine
- Put the soy milk, vanilla sugar and cornflour in a saucepan and bring to the boil until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the vanilla cream into a bowl and cover with cling film (directly onto the cream) so that no skin forms.
- Bring the vanilla cream and margarine to room temperature.
- Beat the soft margarine with a mixer until foamy white, scratch the edge with a scraper in between.
- Now gradually stir the vanilla cream into the whipped margarine, this may take a few minutes.
- Now you can refine the butter cream with chocolate, nougat, fruit puree, etc.
Ingredients Biskuit cake base (18 cm diameter):
- 150 g Flour
- 110 g Sugar
- 170 ml sparkling water
- 30 g melted margarine
- 10 g Baking Powder
- 10 g Vanilla Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees circulating air.
- Brush a small cake tin with margarine and beat out with flour.
- Wrap the cake tin in baking paper.
- Mix flour, sugar, vanilla sugar and baking powder in a bowl.
- Then add the liquid margarine and the mineral water and mix briefly.
- Pour the dough into the prepared tin.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 30 minutes.
- After the baking time, test with a wooden stick whether the cake is through. Depending on the browning and the test of the sticks, extend the time. Let it cool down and continue processing.
- Remove the cooled sponge cake base from the baking ring and cut into three pieces with a cake knife or bread knife.
- Spread the butter cream thinly between the bases with a palette.
- Now spread the cake from the outside and garnish beautifully.