Snacking without remorse ? With these cookies no problem 😃 Rich in protein, vegan, without refined sugar and without fat. And then the cookies are also delicious
So first of all many thanks to Mrs Flury for the great recipe 😍 I was only sceptical when I read that the cookies consist mostly of chickpeas. But my skepticism vanished quickly. As you may already know, I want to use less white flour and refined sugar for baking. And with these Chocolate Cookies you don’t taste that they are healthy 😃 They are just super juicy and chocolaty, a dream!
I wish you a lot of fun baking the cookies,
Your Lea 😘
Ingredients chocolate filling:
- 70 g dark Chocolate
- 30 g Almond butter
Ingredients cookie dough:
- 270 g Chickpeas (drained)
- 130 g Date syrup (or a sweetener of your choice)
- 60 g Almond butter
- 60 g Almond flour (or spelt flour)
- 2 Tbsp crushed flexseeds
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- ca. 30 g Vegan Chocolate drops
- For the filling, melt the Chocolate, stir in the almond butter and wait briefly until the mixture thickens. Using a teaspoon, spread the chocolate filling on a plate with cling film (approx. 14 chocolate coins).
- Put the chocolate coin in the freezer for approx. 20 minutes so that they become firm.
- During this time, put the chickpeas in a mixer together with the date syrup and the almond butter. Continue mixing until the mixture is mushy.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and continue mixing until a dough is formed.
- Line a baking tray with a baking foil. Portion the dough with a tablespoon and spread on the baking tray.
Moisten the hands with water and press the cookie dough flat. Remove the chocolate coin from the freezer and place it in the middle of the dough. Close the cookies and press a little flat.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat.
- Decorate the cookies with the chocolate chips and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- The cookies last for about 5 days (they were already plastered after 2 days with us) 😃