Super delicious pesto, this time without basil and without pine nuts. The Rucola gives the pesto a very special and unique taste and the walnuts also taste super delicious 🤤
Hello guys 🥰 today there is a delicious Pesto recipe. We always make our pesto with lots of fresh basil from the balcony and roasted pine nuts. This time we tried something different. We roasted the walnuts, so the aromas unfold better. Then we add fresh rucola salat and lots of nutritional yeast. These give the vegan pesto a delicious cheesy taste. We ate gnocchi with the pesto, which was a great match. You can also serve it with pasta.
I wish you a lot of fun cooking after,
Your Lea 😘
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 170 g roasted walnuts
- 100 g rucola salat
- 40 g nutritional yeast
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 100 g olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic (or 1 clove garlic)
- 1-2 Tsp date syrup (or a sweetener of your choice)
- Fry the walnuts for several minutes in a pan until golden brown.
- Wash and dry the rucola salat.
- Now we put all ingredients into a blender and mix until we have a lump-free pesto. In between, scratch the edge again and again down.
- You can serve noodles or gnocchi with the pesto. And as a topping, homemade vegan Parmesan cheese goes really fast.
- Enjoy your meal!